Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Poor K :-(

He texted me today while I was on my way to nurse bug at lunch and said he was sick.  So when I got done feeding her, I talked to him and he was running a slight fever.  He's out of town right now for work of course, so I sent him to the store for tylenol and some soup, since I couldn't go get it for him.  He texted later and said his fever was 100.  Then after work I talked to him and it was up to almost 102, and he sounded miserable!  So he isn't working tonight because he could hardly get out of bed.  I wish I were there to take care of him :-(

On the bright side, if he doesn't fly tonight then he'll be home tomorrow instead of Friday!  I just hope his fever breaks while he's sleeping and he feels better soon.  I hate that he's so far away when he's sick.

I guess I know how he felt the other week when it was ME running the 102 fever and he wasn't here to take care of me.  I'm just glad that he doesn't have to worry about Bug, he can just focus on getting better.

So last night was our third (or was it fourth?) night of crappy sleeping.  Last night takes the cake though.  I chatted with K until a little after 9 (which is past my 8:30 bed time lately) and then crashed.  Bug woke up at 11:45ish and we were up until 2:00am.  Ugh.  So, I started out right there pretty tired.  So I got her back to bed, and she woke back up just before 4:00 and we nursed.  I put her back in her crib almost asleep and about 10 mins later she was awake again.  I let her hang in her crib chatting away for quite a while, but then it turned into a little fussy at almost 5:00.  So I let her fuss just a few minutes then went and got her.  We nursed again and she fell asleep.  I do not co-sleep, not that I find anything wrong with it - it just scares me to do it.  But I was SO tired at this point that I managed to take about a 20 minute cat nap with her curled up in bed with me.  But, then it was time to get up for the day.

Needless to say it was a LONG day.

Luckily I warned daycare, so they made sure to keep her extra occupied today and she didn't sleep the day away.  Tonight she went down around her normal time and hopefully will sleep better for me tonight.  Especially as K is sick so can't help out when he's home until he's better.

Here's to hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment