Friday, December 24, 2010

Adoption and Sick

I know, I know, seems like these two things don't belong together, doesn't it?!  Well, they don't, really.

First - Adoption.  I am so excited!  While the final paperwork is not actually signed yet, the adoption was made final yesterday for K to adopt Bug.  Just waiting on the putative father report (to make sure no one else has claimed to be her father - which isn't going to happen!) and his criminal background check.  This is the happiest Christmas of my life!  I only wish we didn't have to do the adoption, but with the way the sperm donor thing worked out, that's just how it goes.  Now it's all legal and we have NOTHING to worry about!!!  Woo Hoo!!  I couldn't be happier!  K was so cute holding Bug in that courtroom while we got the verdict!  Wow, he's such a good daddy!!

Sick - our poor Bug is sick :-(  We had to take her to the doc today and everything.  Her ears looked fine, but she is so stuffy and wouldn't sleep last night.  She screamed off an on from 11:45 until 2:00, then again from 4:00 to 6:00 am.  K and I took turns staying awake with her, but neither of us got much sleep during our sleep time.  We thought it was an ear infection.  The doc thinks that she is just so stuffy that she hurts, but her lungs were OK.  But, she thinks its turning into a sinus infection/could turn into an ear infection.  So, for the second time in her short 5 months she is on an antibiotic. 

That's how it goes sometimes I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment