Saturday, December 11, 2010

I'm. So. Tired.

Why is it that during the week sometimes Bug will sleep until 6:15, when my alarm goes off at 5:30.  But, on a weekend it never fails, she is up by 5:30.  Every. Single. Weekend.  Today, it was just after 5:00.  But will she nap in her crib?  Not for me!  So, what happens?  I'm up.  All. Day. Long.  Today it really sucks too because I have to pick up K at the airport at 9:50 tonight.  So, normally I can at least get into bed at around 8:30 or 9:00 to help get some extra sleep since we're still waking up in the middle of the night.  But, we won't get home from the airport until 11:30, if not later.  Then she'll wake up to nurse any time between 1:00 and 3:00, and probably be up for the day again around 5:00.

I know I shouldn't complain, I have a great life, and I am so thankful for Bug.  But today I am just so tired.  I was so sick last week and still haven't been able to get sleep to help my body heal itself.  Sick like in 102 degree fever and everything.  And I didn't have a choice ~ I still had to take care of the baby.  Sometimes it is REALLY REALLY hard being a single Mom while K is away.  He's really good at helping when he's here, don't get me wrong, but he has been in Florida for training since the end of October.  The only reprieve I got was a few days over Thanksgiving when he was able to come in town.  So, it's been a month and a half with pretty much no help.

I don't know how true single parents do it with a young baby like this.  I just want to cry right now because I'm so exhausted.  There's no sleep for the weary. 

I'm gonna go look at my little one now, and hopefully she'll give me lots of smiles and giggles and I'll feel all better!

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment