Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Milk

So, the other week I gave my number one mama some more milk. My freezer has two parts, the main part, and then a drawer on the bottom. When I move my milk around I always put the oldest in the drawer (and some in the regular freezer) and use that first. Well, when I got this mama some milk, I must not have fully closed the drawer all the way.

Almost two weeks later I realized it, and of course, had to throw all the milk in the drawer away as it had started to thaw. It made me so sad.

The reason that it is crossing my mind again is because my second milk mama sent me a message to see if I would have any to give her in a couple of weeks. It saddens me that neither of my mama's got to use this bit of gold, instead I had to throw it away.

Luckily, the drawer was the smaller part, so while it was a lot, it didn't deplete my stash too much. In fact, I think that in a couple of weeks I should even be able to give her a hundred ounces, not as much as in the past, but anything I can give this little girl, the better.

On another note - I love heat, I love summer. BUT, I would rather be weaned into it. not jumping to this high 80's with crazy humidity. I mean really, my car read 95 degrees when I got in it after work yesterday! And the A/C at my office is deciding not to work right... the rest of the office is fine, but a couple of our offices inside of it are HOT HOT HOT.

Happy Hump Day everyone!!
~Emms

2 comments:

  1. Hey, because of your post about Eats on Feets, I was able to pass info along to someone on Facebook yesterday. Now some mama in Indiana will have more milk to give her little one. Thought you might like to know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Re-reading this. I know how I cried after dropping a bottle of milk that I'd pumped for Madelyn. I can't imagine losing as much as you did.

    ReplyDelete