Monday, May 30, 2011

Indy 500

So, the Indy 500 was yesterday.  Now, I'm not much of a race fan, but some year when Bug is a little older, and K actually gets to be home again, we are going to go. 

With that being said, we had our annual 'Atapco 500' at our work.  The management company puts it on, and they own a few buildings in a small area, so everyone gets to come.  It happens to be at our building specifically, which is really nice.  But, there is a cook out, we race adult sized tricycle's, and door prizes.  The winners receive free tickets to the Indy 500.  Sweet.

Last year I couldn't race because I was hugely preggo.  This year, I joined an otherwise all male team.  It's relay style, and a TON of fun. 

So, because I'm on my normal computer, and have a minute while bug is playing, I wanted you to enjoy some pics :-)

Yep, that's me, in the black.  Probably the only adult ever that can fit that tricycle like it was made for me!  Needless to say, we didn't win.  I kept in front of the woman behind me, but the last two racers didn't fare as well.  That's OK, it was a blast!!  Plus, I won a door prize, a GC to Macaroni Grill ~ so K and I can have a date night!!

Our team:


And just because you all deserve to see the cuteness that is my Bug, wearing a pair of her daddy's ears:


Last, enjoying our hike last weekend in Nashville..... Indiana.  We had a blast, but forgot the carrier.  Being that it was an hour and a half away, we decided to just take turns carrying bug.  Here's what we got for our troubles:



It was hard work for Bug, she got a little tired on the trail:

Chilling on the teeter totter:

And, so that you can officially meet us:

Hi, I'm K and this is Bug:

Hi, I'm Emms, and this is Bug:

1 comment:

  1. ah, indiana, very close to michigan, we live in michigan, drive through indiana alllllllllll the time :)

    ReplyDelete