Monday, April 23, 2012

The wait drags on

It seems like this two week wait is dragging on. So slow. Like really slow. I mean, like molasses. Did I mention it's going slow? It's funny how this cycle is coming along so different. From the get go. I mean, the first time around we had troubles with meds, cancelled cycles, the full cycle didn't go well. The day before the transfer we were ready to transfer 3 because they looked so bad. Then none made it to freeze. I played it safe after the transfer, took it easy for 4 days, didn't lift anything heavy. This time around we had a great cycle, a smooth retrieval and transfer of 2 beautiful embies. 6 made it to freeze on transfer day (at the cleave stage) and 4 more made it to freeze on Saturday at the blast stage. (last time they all died before they reached blast stage). I hardly relaxed for 1 day (it's hard with a toddler around!) but managed to not really lift her on day 1. Day 2 was a different story, I went back to work, picked her up from daycare, and then K got sick. Yep, he caught the fun strep throat I had 2 weeks ago - apparently it has a 2 week incubation period. But I digress.

 So, I'm bloated. Like really bloated. I've gained a couple of pounds, but I LOOK pregnant. I think I may call the RE tomorrow and just ask about OHSS (Ovarian Hyper Stimulation Syndrome). I've been a little short of breath, nothing bad, but that with the bloating, I'm just wondering. But that gives me even more hope, because this weekend would have been implantation. If I get pregnant, then the OHSS will get a little worse, and I didn't have the symptoms before. So I'm hoping that this means HCG is starting to course through my system while one or both of my babies snuggle in for a good long haul. Blood work isn't until a week from Thursday. I'm considering peeing on a stick this weekend. I just don't know if I can do it, I want to know so bad. Plus next Thursday I have to travel for work, so I'd have to ask to either do it a day early or postpone the test a day, because I don't want to get bad news and have to drive. I just don't know what to do.

 On another note, I had an interview for my boss' position on Friday. I still think he's got someone external picked out, so I asked him if I didn't get it to give me some advise, he said keep doing what I'm doing as I'm a shining star and have a great future there (woot) and to get my masters. Some of you may remember when I took my GMAT late last year (and didn't do very well), but then the new job happened, and the move, and I just haven't made it happen. So I will, soon. Fall or Spring, and that's scary with (hopefully) 2 kids at home (or maybe 3, who knows!!) Ahhh, the joys of life.


  1. That's so great that have so many frozen embies! Hang in there. The two week wait is rough, I remember how hard it was. Sending you happy baby thoughts!

  2. Fingers crossed, friend, fingers crossed!

  3. ugh, 2ww is so hard, it seems like it takes FOREVER. i hope the time starts passing quickly soon.