Hello Fellow ICLW'ers!
This is the second time that I've done ICLW, but it's been a while. So I'll give you a quick run down on me and who I am. K (the husband) and I started trying to get pregnant in early 2006. Around a year into it (and after K telling me for months that we needed to get checked) we got checked. Due to Cryptochordism as a child that went untreated until K was old enough to remember having the surgery, we were dealt the blow of moderately severe MFI. We met with an Andrologist for a bit (a urologist specializing in male infertility) and tried Clomid for both of us along with some vitamins etc, only to find out that even if they helped K's numbers, they would still be so bad that IUI/AI still wouldn't do the trick. There were around 600,000 swimmers in his samples, with less than 20% morphology and less than 15% motility (or maybe I have those %'s backwards). So we self referred to an RE and jumped head first into IVF.
IVF cycle 1 round 1 was cancelled due to severe hyper stimulation. IVF cycle 1 round 2 was cancelled because I ovulated before we started antegon. IVF cycle 1 round 3 was a BFN.
We finally conceived via a donor, and have our beautiful daughter Bug, who is just about 16 months old.
Since she was born we have not prevented. It took me a while to get AF back due to nursing, but she did finally join us. We are now back on the wagon and dealing with secondary IF. We met with a couple of RE's in September (we moved since treatments), and had been in the process of deciding IVF vs Donor sperm IUI and which doctor to go to, when my job transferred me 5 1/2 hours away and K got laid off. So now, we continue to not prevent and have set aside extra money in next years flex save account. We move next week, and will immediately work on setting up a couple of meet and greet appointments with a couple of new RE's and make our decision on which we'll use. While we had originally been leaning toward donor sperm IUI, we have now officially decided to give IVF one LAST chance, then we will move onto donor sperm IUI and then adoption after a couple of cycles.
Here's to admitting that secondary IF is no easier than primary IF. The road is still hellish and long. But having BTDT is currently giving me a different attitude towards everything, and the continued months of negative aren't killing me, I'm not tracking ovulation (although I typically can tell) and I'm only kind of paying attention to when AF comes. I'm sure this may change once treatments get going again, but I'll keep my sanity as long as possible.
I look forward to finding some new bloggers to follow, and maybe gaining some new followers myself!