Thursday, August 21, 2014

Day 2

Today was day 2 of our new daycare for the kiddos.

It has been way more smooth than I expected.  There were delays in my getting out of there both mornings, but yesterday was worse than today.  It took 40 mins to do drop off.  I ended up asking at one point if Bug wanted me to call Nana and ask her to pick them up early.  She actually didn't answer the question when I asked, but when she finally stopped clinging to me and I was able to leave, she stopped playing for a sec and, without looking at me, said 'call nana.  bye bye mama.'  It was super adorable.

So my mom, Nana, picked them up yesterday.  She typically gets them around 2:30 or 3:00 when she picks them up to help out.  Apparently when she got there to get them, neither one of them were particularly interested in leaving.

That makes me so happy!!

Today when I dropped them off Bug was saying 'my school' as we pulled up, with a big smile on her face.

It still took about 20 mins for me to get out of there this morning, but it wasn't nearly as bad as yesterday.  Not that yesterday was bad, just lots of clinginess.

They seem like they are really enjoying their time there.  I'm hoping this isn't a honeymoon period, but typically daycare switches are not quite like this.  I can't really explain it.  But this is her 4th daycare since she was about 19 or 20 months old.  That's a lot.

This one really might be it!!!

I expected a potty training regression.  There's been no regression.  She's still going to daycare in underwear, and making it to the potty to go pee.  She is still having accidents to go poo, but we're getting there, and I honestly think this daycare is going to help.

I am beyond happy.

On a side note, K comes homes tomorrow after his 3 weeks of training.  I. Can't. Wait.

(and if timelines seem a little strange, please note that I'm typing these and then scheduling them to post.  So in reality, I probably wrote this a week or two before it actually posted :-)  I'm ahead of the game right now ha ha)

No comments:

Post a Comment