Friday, September 30, 2011

you have GOT to be kidding me!!!

So, K's furlough, they agreed to pay him through Oct 7.  He was officially laid off on Sept 23.  All good, right?

So, Bug had a fever today, so he picked her up at daycare around 9:30 this morning.  Well, he just got a call from the company that laid him off - he's junior assigned to work.

Um, WTF?!!!  He apparently said to them 'no I'm not, I don't work for you anymore, you laid me off, remember?'

Yeah, well, if he wants his pay until Oct 7 he has to go.  How F'd up is that?  The only good thing out of it is the president of the union talked to the company to make sure that he get's his day of overtime from earlier this month (they didn't want to pay it since he didn't actually 'work' his whole month, but it was a day outside of his scheduled time), and they promised that these days will be overtime too. 

I'm all for the extra money, don't get me wrong, but this is seriously messed up.  Needless to say he's bringing the baby to me and then I'm taking her back home.  Amazing.

2 comments: