Friday, April 18, 2014

Don't pump if you have to poop

This really goes for BFing too.  And I bet you all know this already.  But you get to hear anyways. Because what fun is it if I’m not way oversharing on my little portion of the internet? So I’ve been pumping for a total of 27 months between 2 kiddos.  I have breastfed for a total of 34 months between 2 kiddos.  I’ll pump 2 to 3 times a day for another month, and then slowly wean it down, thinking that I’ll wean off the pump in 2 maybe 2 ½ months.  I’ll breastfeed until he self weans. But the point.  We all know that BFing, and therefore pumping, causes you to have little contractions.  Most of the time I bet most of us don’t even notice them (at least not after the first days/weeks).  But it continues to happen. And for someone who is very, well, regular such as myself, these contractions can be problematic if not timed appropriately.  Let’s just say that I do not BF or pump if I gotta go.  You know?  It’s just safer that way. So the other day I was getting ready to pump at work for the first time of the day.  Which meant 1more time after that.  And I thought to myself that I should go to the bathroom first, but well, I was at work, it was the middle of the day and I was busy.  I didn’t have to really go, so I thought I was safe. Suffice it to say that I had to STOP pumping before I was done and walk as quickly as possible to the bathroom.  Hoping I wouldn’t get any questioning glances. Yeah, I won’t make that mistake again! First world problems :)

No comments:

Post a Comment