Sunday, May 27, 2012

Life in General

Happy Memorial Day to everyone!

I don't really have a whole lot to say, but I wanted to at least post something so that everyone knows I'm alive and well!

Tomorrow I will be 8 weeks pregnant.  I don't have any symptoms that are around all the time other than exhaustion.  I am, however, starting to feel more.  I get nauseous if I haven't eaten enough, and I am starting to deal with some heartburn.  I'm also now and again getting floaters in my peripheral vision, which comes from the fact that I have nice low blood pressure.  I'm still dealing with the emotional mood swings, poor K.

Last night Nana watched Bug, and K and I went out on a date.  We had a real nice dinner, and then oddly enough, went shopping.  We bought most of the things we need for camping next month for our 10 year anniversary.  Then we went grocery shopping, which was nice to do together and without a babe in tow.  It was a nice evening.

I was excited to read a fellow bloggers post recently to learn that her first cycle IUI has worked, and she's pregnant!  I found her blog a while ago, and I feel like we were on such a similar track.  We both struggled with primary IF, had to have ART of some form to get pregnant, then had to wean before we felt ready in order to try for a second child.  She has been a great cheerleader while I went through IVF, and I am so happy that she is now pregnant as well.  She's only a few weeks behind me, so I'm excited to share this journey of second pregnancy and birth after dealing with infertility.

K and I still feel like this pregnancy is surreal.  We know we're pregnant, but with the minimal symptoms it's so strange to believe it.  I have a little baby bump, which is probably still mostly from dealing with the OHSS.  We were afraid that by now I'd have to have told everyone about the pregnancy, but not so far.  I hope to make it 4 more weeks, so we'll see.

Bug is waking up from her nap, so I have to go check on her.  Have a great day everyone!!

4 comments:

  1. glad to hear you are doing well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for 8 weeks!! I am glad everything is well. I look forward to more updates. Hope you are enjoying the weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo for friends to go through the good things with, especially when they understand how much it took to get to the good things!

    Thanks for keeping us updated.

    Can't wait to hear about your camping trip. I've been twice while pregnant. First time was in the very early days with Mad and the second time was a couple months before Fynn was born. Are you taking Bug? Our girls love camping. Hopefully we'll have time to schedule a trip soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emms, I'm so excited to share this with you too!! It's such a relief to have someone to go through it with who understand so well. Here's to hoping that we're sharing our baby photos and comparing all those new baby things before we know it! And thank you to you too for being such a support to me too. It means so much.

    ReplyDelete