Monday, July 11, 2011

Strange Dream

First, thanks for the positive comments on my last post! I'm very excited, and K and I keep talking about it, and the excitement keeps building!

So, strange dream. Last night. It was way out there. Some background for context (I think I may have mentioned before what I do, but don't have time to go back and see, so sorry if I'm repeating myself). I'm a manager for a contracting department, so my staff goes out and negotiates contracts.

I used to work for my company in OH, then they moved me to IN and promoted me. We built our product and name here from scratch, and are still working on it.

OK, the dream. I was at a big meeting with a bunch of people, including big wigs, from my company. My prior manager (whom I did not, and do not, have a lot of love for) was doing a presentation, and in the middle of it suddenly called me up to talk to her about what else to present. I kept giving her idea's that were numbers based - savings that we were able to achieve in IN, etc. She kept turning them down, so I finally gave up and walked out of the room for a minute. I came back in and found that instead of telling the info I had suggested, she told a story, and showed a video, of me having a roof collapse from under me and falling through.

Really? What was I even doing on a roof? When and where was this? And a video? Then she presented it as if it was the most important thing over our savings numbers to the big wigs?

Strange.

1 comment:

  1. Strange dreams are my forte! I once got two massive hematomas on my knees and almost broke a toe because I was positive a blue shadow man was going into Corey's room. (Led with my right leg, despite being on the left side of the bed AND having my big toe caught in the sheet. Woke up as my knees hit the floor.)

    But dream interpretation? Not a clue. The only thing I have heard repeatedly is that dreams rarely mean what YOU think they mean. So the boss lady *probably* isn't looking for your demise to strengthen the company. Most likely. :+)

    ReplyDelete