Monday, April 11, 2011

Tough Weekend

K is gone 16 - 20 days a month.  So for this month, this was weekend number 2.  Luckily he'll be home this Friday night.

So, why was my weekend tough?  First of all, it was just one of those weekends.  I was tired and a little moody.  Maybe this is my body 'cycling' even though I still haven't started my PPAF.

The sleep issue's started a couple of weeks ago.  With Bug being sick, she just wasn't sleeping well.  Then it carried over after she got better.  Back to waking up anywhere from 2 to 4 times a night, and it would be a lot of her tears when she did wake.  I would try everything, and the only way to get her back down was to nurse her.

So, then last week she started eating less and less solids.  She typically loves her solids!  But she would take a bite or two then clamp her mouth shut tight and refuse.  Then crying would happen if I tried too hard to get her to eat them.

So, Friday night, poor Bug hardly slept.  So, Saturday morning started out early, and with me being exhausted to begin with.  She refused to eat ANY solids, and was just cranky in general.  At naptime she refused to go into her crib.  To the tune of screaming bloody murder ~ I can't believe no one called the cops it was so loud and angry!  This would even happen after I got her to sleep and then put her in the crib.  Finally, I just held her so that she would get a nap (after 30 or so mins of trying, and realizing that if I tried any longer she would decide that she wasn't gonna sleep anymore).  Same thing happened for the second nap of the day.  Lunch and dinner she again refused solids.  During all this time she wanted to nurse still, which is good.

By the time Saturday evening rolled around, after we went to mass, I was talking to K and was just an emotional wreck.  I don't have any friends really where I live as I haven't really had much of an opportunity to meet people after we moved.  So that ended up playing into everything and I ended up in tears.  K, who is the best hubby either, proceeded to get ahold of my best friend back home, C, and had her call me.  We talked for quite a long time, and I felt so much better afterwards.  It's just so tough when I'm tired and could use 30 mins of me time and K is gone, you know?

I don't want to complain, I wouldn't trade this for the world, and sometimes I feel bad when I let it get to me, after all we went through to get our miracle.  But I recognize that when you are in serious need of some sleep and me time, it can get a little overwhelming, and I think that's just what happened this weekend.

Add in that we are trying to get our house back home rented out, and in the meantime find a house here to rent and get out of an apartment.  The apartment was good at the time, but we need more space and a backyard for the dog.  So I'm trying to look on the weekends when K is gone because we only have until the end of June.  So, add in just one more stressor LOL.

Sunday was a duplicate of Saturday.  Up real early, didn't want to nap, didn't want to eat solids, etc.  Cranky.  Last night she was up every 2 hours.  Yep, my almost 9 month old decided it was time to be up every 2 hours again.  Then, since she was so tired, she decided to sleep in a little bit, til about 6:30, of course, on a day that I can't sleep in because I had to get ready for work!!

Sigh.  That's just how it goes somedays.  My mom is coming to visit us this weekend, which will be nice.  She wasn't going to come since K will be home, but this Thursday is my bday, and K and I thought having her here would allow us to go out and have a nice dinner, just the two of us.  Plus, we are in SERIOUS need of a new car, so she can go with us and watch Bug while we test drive.  Put it this way - when I bought this car I just KNEW that I would never be blessed with a baby.  So, I bought a 2 door, Honda Civic SI.  Fun car, I love it.  But, it's 2 doors, and TINY.  So, I am starting to struggle with back aches, and tennis elbow/carpal tunnel or something like pains in my arms from the way I have to twist and turn to get her in the car.  Which also means I still carry her in her heavy car seat, because otherwise I would have to put the car seat on the ground next to the car to put her in it, then put it back in the car.  Really, just not an ideal situation.  But, we finished our taxes yesterday and thankfully now will have a down payment!!

Well, gotta get back to work now.  Missing my Bug and can't wait to get home to see my crankster, so the quicker I can get stuff done the quicker I can get outta here!


1 comment:

  1. Aww, Mama. I can relate to not having any friends around. If it weren't for BBC and my blog, I'm not sure how I would have made it through my pregnancy and maternity leave. My family and friends aren't *that* far away, but it's 100 miles round trip, and I make that drive every day of the week already.

    I saw a woman putting her infant into the car seat in their little car. She actually crawled in and "stood" (hunched) over the baby. She was pretty short, but it still looked uncomfortable. Hoping the car shopping went well.

    Hugs :+)