Friday, April 22, 2011

Calling all pilot's wives... with children!

How do you make it all work, if you also work?  I am a manager, and have to travel.  So far, we've been able to make it work because the travel has been to Toledo (where my MIL lives) or Cleveland (where my parents live) and they were able to watch Bug. 

However, Wednesday night K got called in for a flight, leaving that night and getting home today (Friday).  Problem was, I was supposed to leave for work at 5:30 in the morning (had to travel about 2 1/2 hours away) and daycare doesn't open until 6:30.  I ended up having my portion of a presentation switched so that I would go last.  I literally was waiting in the parking lot at daycare when they opened, had already filled out the form (took one home the night before) and just dropped it all off and hit the road.  It was stressful, and depending on what I was traveling for, may not work out the way it did in the future.

I have no other family around, and am just starting to make friends here, so none that I would feel comfortable (yet) calling and asking for help with the baby while I travel....

So, how do you make it work if/when you run into situations like this? 

1 comment:

  1. I have no answers, but whew!, that sounds stressful. Glad you were able to make it work.

    ReplyDelete