Thursday, January 3, 2013

Getting Close!

Today I am 39 weeks 3 days pregnant.  Wow, where has the time gone?  I went in for my 39 week check up yesterday, and I was almost 4 cm dilated, and about 70% thinned out.  We did a NST because K20 hasn't moved as much recently, but all was good.  She asked how I felt about induction, and I told her that I didn't really want to be induced.  But, I knew it was an eventuality, so I told her that I was OK with her stripping my membranes to 'help' things along.  I recognize this will only help out if I am ready, so I am OK with that.  Well, I've been having BH contractions for months, and the last month or so they come pretty often, but they don't hurt, just a bit uncomfortable because my tummy gets so tight and the baby pushes on my bladder.  Well, after I got home last night they became a little more regular and a lot more uncomfortable,  even getting to the point of a little painful.

And then the crap hit the fan.  My mom called and said she was sick (she's Bug's babysitter when we go to the hospital).  So K and I discussed calling his mom to see if she'd drive here (about 1 1/2 hours) but decided not to as we knew my mom would be able to handle it, especially since Bug is a bit sick herself.

Then we got a call from his mom that we managed to miss.  Her message?  Simply that she was in the hospital.  So we frantically get a hold of her, and it turns out that she has 2 blood clots in her brain and is Neurological ICU awaiting surgery.  Um, yeah, that's a REALLY big deal.

Luckily the contractions died down.  K is visiting his mom right now, trying to find out everything he can (he's her medical POA) and be her support since none of his siblings live anywhere close.

Today I had some bloody show and lost a ton of my mucus plug - I can't imagine there's any of it left.  Contractions were back to 'normal' though, no real pain, just discomfort.

My mom is feeling better.

His mom is a scary waiting game, but hopefully her prognosis is good.  They think it's from a fall she took while walking her (big) dog.  (Mind you, the dog is good sized and she's only about 4ft10).  So it's been suggested she get rid of the dog (that's not gonna be easy for us to convince her).  But after K finds out all the medical stuff he's going to talk to a cardiac surgeon that he knows, and I'm going to talk to a nurse that I work with whose husband happens to be a neurosurgeon.  Hopefully all is well, even if she has to come stay with us for a little while.

When it rains, it pours, right?

But today still finds me pregnant, which has been a blessing with all else that is going on.  I have another appt on Monday, and if nothing has happened by then, I've agreed to schedule an induction at the end of next week.  I'm hoping I won't have to be induced, but we'll see how it goes.

I miss you all ~ I promise I'll get to be a better blogger and commenter again!!!

6 comments:

  1. Wow! Prayers to your mother-in-law!

    Speaking from experience, be prepared for a quick labor and delivery. I was 3 or 4cm (can't remember) with our daugther at my last office visit...and my labor and delivery was a short 3 hours. We got to the hospital a short 24 minutes before she was born. Just be prepared ;)

    I think the baby is coming soon. Best wishes for all things healthy and easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah that's a lot of stuff going on at once! Sounds like bub is making some moves to come and meet you all very soon :-) I hope that your MIL is going to be OK. What a scare of a phone call to receive the week that you're about to give birth. Life throws so many curve balls at us! I'll be thinking of you and sending you lots of positive vibes and strength for the birth - it's sounding very close!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, mama, that's a lot for you all to deal with. Prayers for you MIL, hubby, and of course you and baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If it weren't for all the news about your mother-in-law, I would be LOLing at your concern about commenting on people's blogs. Cuz that's kind of funny.

    I hope you are all doing well ASAP. Maybe instead of getting rid of the big dog, you could hire a dog walker?

    I am looking forward to your glorious and beautiful birth story. I can't believe it's already that time!

    Sending love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you're MIL is healing and that you've gotten good news there. I can't even believe you're almost to your due date! I'm so very excited for you and can't wait to hear all about it. I'm not far behind!! Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete